I love me some Weelicious. If you haven’t checked out Catherine McCord’swebsite or cookbooks-go do it now! Really nutritious meal ideas that kids really like!
This chili was completely gobbled up by both girls. I used a slow cooker and added some cooked rice and quinoa in to thicken it up a bit. Give it a try!
White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts, bone-in, skinless (about 2 large breasts)
- 1 quart (32 Oz) Chicken Stock (I use low sodium chicken stock)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Frozen Shoe Peg White Corn
- 1 Jar Diced Green Chilies (They are mild.)
- The Juice of 1 Lime (about 2 to 3 Tbsp Lime Juice)
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions for 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
3. Add the whole chicken breasts, stock and salt to the saucepan, cover, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook for 18-20 minutes, remove chicken to a plate and allow to cool.
5. While the chicken is cooling, add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
6. Remove the chicken from the bone, chop into bite-size pieces, and add to the pot.
To Freeze: Allow to cool, place in appropriate tupperware or ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. Defrost in a pot over low-medium heat.
Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips, Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese
Source: White Chicken Chili | Weelicious